Anyone for separate FF & APSc DPR forums?

Started Nov 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul712 Regular Member • Posts: 317
Re: Anyone for separate FF & APSc DPR forums?

1prime wrote:

Paul, If and when you go A7, the expectations are you will want to avoid the E crop if possible with the eventual Alpha lenses that Sony should develop. This current stage is almost like the early NEX stage with a paucity of lenses. Henry seems to have an idea whereby posts with dual content can be directed to a dual forum. This would seem to avoid your and others' problems with 2 or 3 forums. It might require a little homework by DPR, but I'm sure they're up to it. Even if we don't go FF, it's not as if we're out of the photography equipment market.

-- hide signature --

1prime

Iprime, Yes, I agree it is like the early NEX stage ... I bought my NEX-7 at that time.  Now A7 is at a similar early stage.

I will be getting my A7r this week.  I plan to get the 24-70 lens when available in February.  Till then, it is E crop is the only option for me.  Even after February, I am planning to dedicate the NEX-7 for extra wide and tele lenses, using the A7r with its 24-70 which would cover 90% of my photo situations.  (When I do not want to take both cameras, the A7r will allow me use the other wide/tele lenses in E crop mode for those 10% photo situations.

-- hide signature --

Paul

Paul712's gear list:Paul712's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony RX10 IV Sony Alpha a7R II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
(unknown member)
SDF
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow