Anyone for separate FF & APSc DPR forums?

Started Nov 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Annex Regular Member • Posts: 194
Re: Annex: now, this is what I'd call a perfectly rounded argument...

captura wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

Annex wrote:

I have a (new) A7r, a NEX6, a NEX 5N, an X100s amongst many other cameras. The A7r shares vastly more with the NEX6 than it doesn't. Given that I have actually own both types of camera, Im sorry but my position is simply better informed than yours.

In a few minutes of use I was able to find the options and setting familiar to NEX users, I can mount my lenses (albeit in crop more) and the APS-C output is very similar to my NEX-6.On top of that all my NEX accessories work perfectly on the Alpha.

One of the prime reasons for choosing the A7r over the A7 is the ability to use crop lenses and retain good resolutions from the APS image resulting so yes, I personally am still interested in APS-C lenses. I'm sorry you don't see the familiarity and common ground but I own both systems. And I do.

What really disappoints me here is that senior users (eg captura, blue_skies) are being dragged into the name calling and chest beating (on both FF side and APS-C side). You guys are usually the ones who can be relied upon to present reasoned thoughts and frankly act like grown ups.

Real shame.

...clear, concise, well presented, and up to the point - bravo !!

jpr2

Just another cheap attempt to evade the real issue by slamming an individual. This forum has famously deteriorated to this kind of dialog and may never improve itself. Shame.

Pardon?

You slammed *me*, not the other way around. Or is your filing system stopping you from remembering that too?

The "real issue" seems to be very hard for you to articulate in actual facts and when people respond to you point on point (as I did) you just start name calling. So I guess you can keep on ranting unless you intend to justify the sweeping statements which I can summarise as "theyre different obviously!11one"

Enjoy the large chip you're carrying around, I'm sure it's delicious.

Annex's gear list:Annex's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha a7R +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
(unknown member)
SDF
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow