Anyone for separate FF & APSc DPR forums?

Started Nov 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 24,813
Re: Anyone for separate FF & APSc DPR forums?

Annex wrote:

captura wrote:

Annex wrote:

captura wrote:

navierb wrote:

E-Mount is E-Mount, no matter which Sensor Size has

That's like saying we all breathe oxygen.

So, essentially true?

E-mount *is* emount and there is more shared between the FF & APS-C than that which differs. Why would it be good to split? Just so people feel better for 2-3 weeks?

Just let the furor pass and it will be fine for both camps.

We are in a ridiculously heightened state atm where both sets of users feel marginalised and are fighting for no good reason, this is purely due to the change effect. Lets things settle, stop shouting and pointing fingers and discussions/decisions will be FAR more sane.

I'm an APS-C and FF user, both in e-mount and other systems, both sony systems share vastly more than they differ despite the calls for segregation. People need to calm down and stop the histrionics, its seriously lame and is becoming a major spoiler to these forums.

"I'm an APS-C and FF user, both in e-mount and other systems.."

So you are saying that you already have a FF Sony, either the A7 or the A7R? You must be one of the very select & lucky few!

There is NOTHING shared between the FF Sony's and the APSC Sony's except the Alpha name. Although the lenses use the same E-mount configuration, they may as well NOT be interchangeable. For who in their right mind would get NEX-APS-C lenses for their A7? And who would want to pay the huge price for a huge FE lens which is designed for an A7, just mount it on their NEX?

Were you being obtuse, or just a little slow? The latter is forgivable.

Typical kind of post this forum is now attracting, offensive, rude and (your words) obtuse.

I have a (new) A7r, a NEX6, a NEX 5N, an X100s amongst many other cameras. The A7r shares vastly more with the NEX6 than it doesnt. Given that I have actually own both types of camera, Im sorry but my position is simply better informed than yours.

In a few minutes of use I was able to find the options and setting familiar to NEX users, I can mount my lenses (albeit in crop more) and the APS-C output is very similar to my NEX-6.On top of that all my NEX accessories work perfectly on the Alpha.

One of the prime reasons for choosing the A7r over the A7 is the ability to use crop lenses and retain good resolutions from the APS image resulting so yes, I personally am still interested in APS-C lenses. I'm sorry you don't see the familiarity and common ground but I own both systems. And I do.

What really disappoints me here is that senior users (eg captura, blue_skies) are being dragged into the name calling and chest beating (on both FF side and APS-C side). You guys are usually the ones who can be relied upon to present reasoned thoughts and frankly act like grown ups.

Real shame.

Oh, that old argument! Very impressive.

Yes I forgot, the Sony FF's and NEX's have similar menus. So that after spending eons trying to get comfortable with the obtusely-designed menu system of a NEX, one can simply jump into the similarly obtuse and obscurely frustrating menu of an A7, without the normally per-requisite frustrating ordeal of learning the "Sony Way" of doing things...one of the ventures which has caused thousands to BALK!

Poor pity the poor old guy who had long ago become so comfortable with the menus of his Canon or Nikon DSLR, and then suddenly is confronted with this kind of nonsense! Sony will never change the way they order their priorities. Deep down, they are not a camera company.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
(unknown member)
SDF
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow