Anyone for separate FF & APSc DPR forums?

Started Nov 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP 1prime Senior Member • Posts: 1,108
Re: Anyone for separate FF & APSc DPR forums?

rogatsby wrote:

120 to 35 wrote:

rogatsby wrote:

I agree 100% that the a7/R and the Nex cameras need separate forums. I don't plan on buying the FF Sony, and I am still completely satisfied with my Nex. I want to come to the forum to get and share info about Nex cameras and lenses, and also share some photos with fellow Nex users, but that has become nigh impossible. Any Nex question is basically ignored at the moment. To make it even worse, the A7 posts have attracted a slew of M43 users here, and the forum has gone to crap from all of the childish bickering between the Sony users and M43 users.

Can we please have our Nex forum back?

Please look closely at the thread list. No NEX question has been ignored recently. For example, there was a lively new thread about the new Zeiss 16-70 zoom. I could only spot a couple of A7 question that had no reply, obviously because the camera is new and not widely available.

As any questions and share your photos if you want comments and you will certainly get replies.

Yes, please do look closely at the thread list. It's true that most Nex questions still get a few responses, but the depth and quality of discussion in these threads have seriously eroded due to the inundation of A7/R threads. As it looks right now, A7/R seems to warrant a dedicated forum due to the volume of threads about these cameras. While I acknowledge that some of that is due to the fact that it is so new, I think there will be a steady stream of people moving to that platform, and interest will continue to rise as new lenses are released for the FF Sony's.

Please also keep in mind that there is a very real possibility that a Nex-6 or Nex-7 update may be released relatively soon. Although this would probably result in more Nex discussion here, I think that would be all the more reason to have separate forums for the FF and Nex formats. I think there are plenty members like me who are satisfied with the Ne platform and the APS-C format for various reasons, including the investment we have made in existing lenses. If we have separate forums, I will still be able to check on developments in the FF platform, and FF users will still be able to come to the Nex forum to browse. But the separation will make for a cleaner and more efficient discussion platform in my opinion.

rogatsby, Your logic here seems so lucid and convincing. I sure wish DPR would acknowledge it. I'm uncomfortable posting so many rebuttals to the FF dominance, and greatly appreciate other clear voices for the continuance of the NEX forum and a separation from FF.  Thanks, Don

-- hide signature --

1prime

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
(unknown member)
SDF
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow