Olympus Pen F 40mm 1.4 comments

Started Sep 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
absh New Member • Posts: 13
Re: Olympus Pen F 40mm 1.4 comments

I had the 38mm as well but found the 40mm sharper and generally a better lens (except it's bigger). My 38mm did have some coating issues but I don't think it would make a difference in sharpness.

Nice to know this, as I am hoping for improved sharpness, at least given the same aperture setting.

I just got (today!) a Sigma 30mm 2.8 and a Canon 50mm Fd 1.4 as forpetesake posted above. I am going to keep the Sigma for sure as this is a good focal length for everyday use + autofocus. Between the 40mm Pen and 50mm Canon FD SSC, I will probably keep one of the 2. Some people are lens collectors and may get more use out of them. If the Canon 50mm is close enough to the Pen, I'll pocket the difference and keep the Canon. I thought the size of the 40mm would make me want to have it on my camera more. I'll let you know how I do but it might take a while.

Sigma 30mm is definitely interesting, although I'd better have a decent not too big 20-30 (20-35) mm zoom lens. Does such thing even exist?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow