Tried a EM-1 and GM1

Started Nov 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
berni29 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,051
Tried a EM-1 and GM1

Hi There

I briefly tried an EM-1 today. I must say it feels a lot nicer than my EM-5 and ful grip in the hand. The VF is also much improved. The ergonomics are in a different league from the EM-5. None of this makes me want to jettison the EM-5 but it did surprise me how nice the EM-1 was.

The GM1 left me rather underwhelmed, although it handled quite a lot better than I thought it would given the size. I wish it had a small VF like the LF1 but there we go. I will definitely be buying one as a go anywhere, and will probably just use it with the kit lens. I would have it over the RX 100 for the option to use my other lenses and the bounceable flash which is a big plus for me.

Berni

-- hide signature --

Berni29
OMD, + Pana 20mm & 14-45mm Oly 45mm (prev GH1, E30, E510, E1, E300)

berni29's gear list:berni29's gear list
Ricoh GR II Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha a7R II Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +13 more
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow