Anyone for separate FF & APSc DPR forums?

Started Nov 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP 1prime Senior Member • Posts: 1,108
Re: Anyone for separate FF & APSc DPR forums?

D Cox wrote:

No.

There is not enough difference between the NEX cameras and the A7(r) to justify two forums, in my opinion.

I see your point, but did you consider the differences in DPR posts don't merely lie in the technical subtleties you mention. The sometimes contentious and often misunderstood posts for both the FF and APSc advocates actually reflect different interests and problems.

It's been my recent perception that I just don't have any interest in the A7&r posts except that they represent new problems that don't apply to my NEX shooting. And their problems are not my NEX ones. I respect your substantial photographic experience, but I still rely on the experience of fellow NEXers. And as I stated, APSc queries rapidly fall off the forum page since new FF posts now quickly supersede them.  This is not to say there aren't sufficient NEX posts to justify a NEX Forum.  Of course there are, but I can tell you that I for one feel pretty much snuffed out by the FF enthusiasm, and I think it's Sony's intention to keep revving up this excitement.  I don't think I'm alone in thinking an APSc forum would be justified. I wonder how others feel.

-- hide signature --

1prime

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
(unknown member)
SDF
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow