For those of you on the fence regarding the EM-1, specifically regarding the viewfinder..

Started Nov 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DLGW Senior Member • Posts: 1,178
For those of you on the fence regarding the EM-1, specifically regarding the viewfinder..

I picked one up on the weekend, fully prepared to test it and return it if I don't think it's worth it (the jury is still out).

Regarding the viewfinder - I am NOT a big fan of electronic viewfinders, my wife likes them even less than me.

I was quite surprised and impressed with it - even my wife, after a about a minute handling the new camera "I like this viewfinder."

I'm still not 100% convinced we'll be making the switch from E-3's over to EM-1's (we'd both be getting one) - however, the part I thought I'd like the least, the viewfinder, turns out to be a pleasant surprise.  I was shocked at how small and dim the E-3's optical viewfinder seemed after handling the EM-1 for a while.

Still a good week of testing and consideration before I make a final decision.  I don't like the little batteries (and the fact that I can't buy good 3rd party ones for a decent price), I'm not sold entirely on the focus for 4/3 lenses, it doesn't take either my 4/3 cable release or seem to use my old Olympus IR remote, and I'm sure I'll lose at least one of the little parts for the flash.

However - one thing that isn't going to deter me is the viewfinder.  Far from being a liability, it's an asset.

DLGW's gear list:DLGW's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +6 more
Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow