Sony 7 v 7r v EM1

Started Nov 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
luke8 Forum Member • Posts: 50
Re: Sony 7 v 7r v EM1

I do not think, comparisons like these are silly. I have been looking for a second camera an addition to my 5n for a few weeks know and I am torn between Nex 6/7, A7 , EM1 ans GX7. The EM1 has a faster AF, weather sealing and even settings for time lapse but only 30 fps full-HD and  it is big. The A7 has the best iq but does not have a lot of native lenses, is big too and probably has an insufficent weather sealing. The NEx 6/7 are not weather sealed just like the GX7. The GX7 has good video qualitiy, a tiltable but not so good evf.

I like my sony cameras, but there are other systems that can take photos with good quality. I do not think it is like comparing a Ferrari with a VW. It ist more like a Truck - Porsche - SUV :-).  The prices of the newer system like A7 and EM1 will come down in some months and are not really an indicator for the best camera.

Anyway, threads  like this one help people to choose the right camera as there ist no perfect all arounder today. They all take great photos but have different disadvantages. I will probably end up buying a used NEx6 and wrap it in a plastic bag at the steamy Victoria Falls in march, hoping the next Nex6/7 will be the camera I hope for. This way I do not have to buy so many new lenses.

luke8's gear list:luke8's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ET2
SDF
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow