Get this: Sigma WILL produce a camera that beats the current DSLRs resolution wise. Locked

Started Nov 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 26,395
Re: Oops Öywind

DMillier wrote:

I'm one of the few people that still prints and my first thought is always to get excited by the prospects of more resolution. But with my realistic head on, it's simply not necessary. 4 or 5MP is all I really need so the current 16MP sweet point is more than enough cropping room. Considering that these days almost everyone doesn't print, 2MP is enough for their purposes!

I do not really agree. I was at a photo fair today. Some rather big prints there. Most of them would greatly benefit from higher resolution.

You do start to wonder for how much longer inkjet photo printers, inks and papers will be a fruitful market. It wouldn't surprise me to see that go the way of film scanners before long. Maybe time to think about getting a new printer and stocking up on ink and paper while it's still affordable.

Neither printers nor ink lasts forever. They both have a best before date.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow