Adorama WARNING--Selling Them Used Equipment

Started Feb 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
Pontoneer Senior Member • Posts: 1,908
Re: Adorama WARNING--Selling Them Used Equipment

joeythekangaroo wrote:

I just did a trade up with Adorama and was very satisfied. They gave me a quote over the phone and (you guessed it) they gave me a different quote when they received the equipment. However, after some negotiation we reached a deal. I was satified with the deal and I am sure they are making some money from my equipment, but I didn't have to deal with a buch of flakes on ebay and/or Craigslist. I am very familiar with ebay and have sold quite a bit on the site and have had my share of quibbles over different things - condition, payment, non payment - you name it. It's fine when it's a smooth transaction, but when it's bad - it's BAD. I am quite happy with my new Nikon 800E - Woo Hoo!

I should have said in my post above that Ffordes have never given a price before seeing equipment - I send it at my postage cost , and if I don't like their offer they will post it back at their cost - I have never refused an offer from them though .

-- hide signature --

With kind regards
Derek.

Pontoneer's gear list:Pontoneer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL +40 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow