What to buy for shooting action that doesn't cost as much as a D4?

Started Nov 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Veteran Member • Posts: 8,797
Re: Slow down a bit there ...

Grevture wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

lock wrote:

Did you use the d600 Af with the 9 point dynamic mode ? Can you make a true comparison based on experience ?

lock

Yes I can. I have owned D300 / D300s/ D7000/D600/D700/D3S/D800/D800e/D4 Nothing touches the D3S and D4 for action. What the hell do you think you're getting for $7000 out the door if you're not getting something extra in AF?? You're getting the fastest, most consistent AF that Nikon makes. It's not the sensor - they can put that into a $2700 DF and it's certainly not the little bit of extra cost for the full magnesium frame. It's stupid really to suggest that the 39 pt D600 AF equals the 51 pt D4 AF. No offense. Well not much.

Well, that was a bit over the top ... No need to use that kind of harsh language.

The "what the hell" was just a little intentional over the top.  Note the smilie

I have by the way shot the D3s side by side with D7100 quite a lot and the 51 point system works quite nicely also in a lowly $1200 DX camera ..

Think "no buffer"

It is in low light the 39 point AF lacks in performance, in normal daylight it is quite capable and the difference to the 51 point version is fairly subtle.

-- hide signature --

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it!
By the way, film is not dead.
It just smell funny

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow