What to buy for shooting action that doesn't cost as much as a D4?

Started Nov 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Veteran Member • Posts: 9,319
This is why the internet is a dangerous place

lock wrote:

But if you think you might consider a d7100 when reach becomes too much of an issue, your preference for Fx would lead me to a d610 first. About the same body a the d7100 (though 5 mm wider does help in some ways) and a great allround sensor, beating the D700 in every sense.
If the 1.5 manual crop on a D610 is sufficient (~10 mp left over) you might consider that first. I know you may doubt the AF. But really, only if you wish to use the full range of 51 points there is true difference. Once you start te restrict yourself to the smaller pack of AF points because you want the fastest AF (I use the 9-point dynamic on d300 and d7100 and used the same one on the D600) it is hard to find a practical difference.

lock

This is just bull. 9 point AF ( or any amount of points really ) on a D3s or D4 is light years ahead of anything else particularly when you are comparing to 39 pt AF Nothing Nikon makes in 39 pt AF comes remotely close in action situations. Not in speed or accuracy. Better not to say anything than to give bad advice.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow