What to buy for shooting action that doesn't cost as much as a D4?

Started Nov 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Charles Currey Contributing Member • Posts: 874
Re: What to buy for shooting action that doesn't cost as much as a D4?

tomnorth wrote:

The D700 with the optional battery pack makes a fantastic action camera at a reasonable price. I wrote about the D700 as an action camera over at my blog. If you're viewing this as an interim step, then I'd avoid over investing by going up to the D3 series.

The OP did say that his purchase was intrim until a great crop frame sport camera came out. I would look at this situation in a different way. Most all agree that the D3s is an excellent choice in the price, speed low light race. I have this camera and I have tried out the D4 and I would not upgrade. I would get the D3s and not consider it an interim camera. It will make wonderful pictures in the OP's situation for as long as it lasts. Then, look around and see what is available. I also had a D3 for several years and for me at ISO 6400 and above, the D3s is a night and day difference. Just a thought.

-- hide signature --

Chuck Currey

Charles Currey's gear list:Charles Currey's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow