D610 autofocus not working

Started Nov 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vtsnowplow New Member • Posts: 13
D610 autofocus not working

Guys,

I recently purchased a D610 new from B&H. put about 500 clicks on it and the autofocs stopped working. Tried three different lens and had the same problem. No autofocus points show up and nothing happens when I press the shutter. It will hunt once in a while when i press the shutter, but very rarely. I have tried all the reset capabilities with no success. I have reset all settings, nothing. The camera does shoot in manual focus, but the two arrows just blink the whole time and i never see the dot. Does the same in all camera modes.

Called B&H, and their tech did not know what was going on. Called nikon service, sent them images and they said send it in.

First any ideas on what is going on?

Second, do I send one week old camera in to Nikon for warranty service or return to B&H for a new one?

I want to do the right thing here and not screw over the retailer, but i want a working camera ASAP.

Nick

Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow