Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?

Started Nov 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
viking79 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,137
Re: Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?

bimbert84 wrote:

That makes sense. But how do you determine the crop factor? (I think) I know APS-C is 1.5 and MFT is 2, but what is it for 1/1.7? Given your example, I could discern it's 6.3 / 1.4 = 4.5, but how did your arrive at that?

The crop factor is listed on the far right of the table.  Otherwise can calculate based on sensor size.

My primary compact consideration is the Olympus XZ-2, which is f/1.8 - f/2.5, almost exactly in line with your example.

If you never plan to change lenses a camera like that might be a better deal.  The larger sensor camera would still have the advantage overall, but with all the discounts available on compacts it would really be tempting to get a camera like the XZ-2.

I also like the Fuji X20 that I have.  Better build quality than the X-A1, and pretty decent image quality for a point and shoot.  It doesn't have a tilt screen though.

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow