LF1 owners, your comments, please

Started Nov 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
cainn24 Senior Member • Posts: 4,892
Re: LF1 owners, your comments, please

GeraldW wrote:

2) CameraLab showed it with and without iResolution, and adding iRes. seems to have sharpening things up nicely. Unfortunately, no ability to compare the iRes. sharpened LF1 shot to anything else. Anybody using that? I have no interest in iZoom; but may use the EZ settings.

Here's a test scene for you with captures using the FZ200, XZ-2 and LF1. Intelligent Resolution is enabled in both the FZ200 and LF1 shots. Be aware that I let all 3 cameras meter the scene however they wanted to, and so the XZ-2 used a longer exposure. All shots are SOOC:

WB was set to Tungsten/Incandescent. Obviously different cameras interpret such terms a little differently.

3) Some early samples on this forum showed a lot of softness at the sides; but others do not and they appeared to be uniform across the frame. I'd suspect misaligned lens elements rather than a basic design defect. Particularly if one edge is better than the opposite. What have you seen?

Soft corners are a problem when shooting wide-open at the wide end. See here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52196364

Those results are consistent with what others have observed.

The rest of that thread should be of some interest to you as well.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow