Please help! Restore pictures from Low Level formated Card.

Started Nov 11, 2013 | Questions thread
Pontoneer Senior Member • Posts: 2,415
Re: Are you SURE you did a low level format?

Pontoneer wrote:

When I left for work around 07:00 this morning , my computer was about 90% of the way through scanning the card . I have just left it to run throughout the day .

I will report back tonight , once I get home . However , going by the results so far and comments by others , I'm not too hopeful .

The only other suggestion I can make is to contact Canon support and ask them if they know of any solution .

Further to my last post , I returned home last night to something of a calamity .

When I got in the power was off , my first thought was for the content of the freezer ( thankfully OK ) , but when I reset the breakers the Mac 'Bonged' back into life but didn't fully boot   It would go through a cycle of trying to restart then shutting down before completing .

In the end I had to put the OS disc in and boot from the DVD  , then reinstall OSX .

After a couple of hours I had recovered the system and installed all the updates to get back to where I was before ( I could have restored from my Time Machine drive , but the last backup had been a couple of weeks ago , and although the internal drive is only the operating system and application software , I didn't want to risk losing any more than necessary ) .

I have no way of knowing whether the power failed before the scan had completed ( I suspect not ) , but the file recovery folder on the desktop was empty .

It seems to me that Canon do a pretty good job with their low level formatting , all the more impressive that it is done more or less instantly .

-- hide signature --

With kind regards
Derek.

Pontoneer's gear list:Pontoneer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +46 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow