Resale Value of NEX Cameras Plummeting?

Started Nov 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
larrytusaz Senior Member • Posts: 2,368
Resale Value of NEX Cameras Plummeting?

Is it me, or is the resale value of NEX models plummeting to absolutely insane levels?

To wit: I've tried selling my NEX-C3 and, granted, the rubber thumb grip fell off & the control dial seems to require you to use your thumb AND your index finger for it to turn smoothly, but it absolutely works perfectly & even has a spotless sensor (just cleaned by a camera store) and even with the cosmetic flaws taken into account--I'm absolutely stunned that I've listed the KIT for $150 and even then I can get absolutely no takers. You're talking $80 for the lens and $70 for the body, roughly.

Even crazier, my NEX-F3, which is in mint shape, I've listed it for $270 and I keep getting offers in the $200 range. Are you kidding me?

Obviously I don't expect to get, say, $600 for the F3 and $400 for the C3, I know cameras lose value over time & in fact I've often-times been the beneficiary of that with buying low. Still, I figure I could get $280 for the F3 and $175 or so for the C3 kit, and yet even at those prices, I mean NO interest of ANY kind.

-- hide signature --

LRH

larrytusaz's gear list:larrytusaz's gear list
Pentax K-x Sony a5000 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Sony Alpha NEX-F3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gil
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow