Pekka Potka's take on the A7R and the EM1

Started Nov 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
SaltLakeGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 13,817
I've been saying it for years

and living by it certainly for the last 7 or so. You MUST "define your needs" very clearly before you commit to a system. Few around here ever ask themselves the question "what am I going to do with the file I shoot?" How large am I going to print? Do I crop a lot or not? What is my average ISO used in my shooting style? What is my most used lens and what F stop do I use it at? All very important, vital and salient questions  for which there should be an answer provided prior to a commitment to a system. I should know. I have had significant collections of pro glass from both Canon and Nikon over the years with their pro and semi pro DSLR bodies. I just switched over to Mft a mere 4 years ago and just divested from all DSLR gear only 2 years ago. I ended up realizing I didn't NEED to have the larger gear to achieve the file sizes I needed for the largest of prints I produce, as well as not requiring high ISO's to get most of the shots I needed to get. With both shoulders having been rebuilt and a bad back I'm the perfect candidate I guess, for the mft system. They had my name on it

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Sony RX10 IV +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow