Pekka Potka's take on the A7R and the EM1

Started Nov 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
DarkShift Regular Member • Posts: 252
Re: A monstrosity? Yeah sure.

marike6 wrote:

I personally don't know many photographers who would purposely choose an A7 or EM1 over the above "monstrosity" for any other reason than size. The fact is the Nikon Df is the smallest, lightest FF DSLR on the market and it has a stylish looking weather sealed casing. Besides, far less enthusiast and professional photographers are as obsessed with camera size as some of you seem to think.

Heh, I don't know anyone who is particularly happy about Nikon DF

The biggest problem is that Nikon should have realesed a mirrorless camera with good modern EVF. OVF in D800 is not very well optimized for manual focusing with aperture limited to ca. 2.8. I bet DF is not different in this regard. EVF gives more results for focus and exposure.

Second problem is also related to DSRL design and long flange distance of Nikon. With Sony a7R one can use about any legacy range finder or DSRL lens on it, which opens very exciting possibilities. Not with Nikon. Nikon has some weak links in its lens range, like the mediocre PC-E 24mm Nikkor which is optically much worse than current Canon offering...

Third problem is the price which is even higher than D800e.

And no video, seriously?

DarkShift's gear list:DarkShift's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Nikon D850 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow