Please help! Restore pictures from Low Level formated Card.

Started Nov 11, 2013 | Questions thread
Pontoneer Senior Member • Posts: 2,415
Re: Please help! Restore pictures from Low Level formated Card.

Update -

I went downstairs and got my G11 - the card that was in it ( a Sandisk Ultra Class 10 16Gb 30MB/s disc ) had about 200 CR2 files on it in a number of folders corresponding to the dates they were shot on .

After copying the content onto the desktop of my Mac , in case there was anything I still wanted , I put the card back in the camera and performed the 'Low Level Format' .

I doubt this overwrote all the data on the card as it took less than a second ( compared to using the 'zero out data' option in disc utility which takes quite a while to perform ( obviously varies with the size of the media ) .

After performing the format , I confirmed that no images were showing up in playback on the camera . I then put the card in my reader and opened it on the desktop - again no content showing .

In Data Rescue , a 'quick scan' and a scan for deleted items revealed nothing - this is not unusual . I am now performing a 'thorough scan' which , for the 16 Gb card , requires about 20 minutes , scanning every block on the card .

Still 11 minutes to go .....

-- hide signature --

With kind regards
Derek.

Pontoneer's gear list:Pontoneer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +46 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow