"I am selling my Nikon gear"

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP bigpigbig Senior Member • Posts: 1,746
Re: "I am selling my Nikon gear"

wazu wrote:

Gooutside wrote:

I think a lot of amateur photographers, myself included only want to have one system. It simply feels wasteful to have two.

Wasteful with two systems? Heck I have four and am salivating at the prospect of a FF MILC like the A7/7r series is delivering.

1. FF DSLRs ultimate IQ and AF speed with incredible lens choices

2. APS-C DSLRs for extra reach and flexibility (swivel screen)

3. mFT for travel and IQ touching on APS-C ability (EM5)

4. compact high end cameras for ultimate carry anywhere convenience (RX-1 RX-100 LX5)

All above formats fill a specific niche and I would be hard pressed to reduce it even three systems.

Notice I am missing Life cameras, Phone cameras, bridge cameras, FF MILC and medium format.

I do have camera phones but they are used only for taking reference photos with. Sometimes however even a high end phone camera is useful when cameras are banned but everybody is allowed to snap away with their phone.

Now that I think of it more there's 3D, Heat sensor, IR, Astro, High Speed, Video, Lytro, Action and plenty more types of specialized cameras.

Yup.

Nothing like an 8x10 negative enlarged to 16x20 for a Palladium print.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow