Z3100....I'm losing my mind. Please help.

Started Nov 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
captureartphoto New Member • Posts: 13
Z3100....I'm losing my mind. Please help.

Since day 1, this printer has always had a color problem.

It's not the built in spectro, my soft proofs look fine. The profiles I've created with the built in spectro are very close to the profiles I've created with my i1 Pro, Argyll, and even PrintFix Pro.

The dmax is very good, it always prints, nozzles have always been perfect, but there has always been a red/magenta push to all photos, sometimes even a yellow tint.

No matter which profile I use, this is what happens.

The only way I've found to make it better is by printing how other people have suggested, by printing with the printer managing colours, and printing to "Adobe RGB". Now in this case, the results are better but not perfect. Dark colors tent to be quite good, but everything lighter takes on a yellowish tint. I don't find this acceptable.

I'm sure I've wasted hundreds of dollars of ink and paper and behind me on the floor sits more colour charts and test prints that I know what to do with.

I don't need any smart comments about buying an Epson, blah, blah, blah, I just really need some advice.

It's isn't the paper, it happens on every paper, OBA or not, matte or satin....

My firmware is up to date.

It was like this through Win XP, to Vista, to Win7, so it's none of those....

I've recently been experimenting with 3rd party RIPs, most recently PrintFab and I'll see what I can do...

But, in the meantime, can somebody suggest something?

Jeff Robinson

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow