>>> Street Photography eXchange #72 <<<

Started Nov 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
geraldPP Senior Member • Posts: 1,760
Re: This Is The Real Thing

hexar wrote:

Gerald, when I walk around with my smaller DSLR classic shaped cam ( sony A57) I have my cam hanging on my fingers and using a writstrap for drop prevention. Very comfortable to hold because of the deep grip for hours to walk around like this and be able to bring the cam fast to my eye. Being tempted by the cam you use ( I am tempted by the Fuji XE-2 ) I wonder if with this cam you use an additional grip or thumbrest for holding comfortably . How do you suggest to prepare this cam for walking around with comfortably.

thanks for your response

HEXAR

I'm hoping to get the X-E2 myself but have to get to Bangkok or Singapore first.

I only have a cheap thumb-rest a friend gave me but be careful holding the camera with that for a long time as I got some strange pains in my wrist and back of the hand.

Right now my original shoulder-strap is almost shredded from an attempted snatch robbery on a motorbike. It's just held together by rubber bands at the moment.

I don't put too much thought into 'fashion' accessories for my cameras and street attire either.

With SP being so popular these days it is so funny to see ninja street shooters all clad in black with their cameras strapped in their hands as if it was a weapon.

-gerald

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow