My photo was stolen and used in a Malaysian stamp?

Started Oct 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
glasswave Forum Pro • Posts: 10,335
Re: too early? Not my view. Perfect timing....

liquidstone wrote:

Trafford wrote:

So you peaked too early, as they say in the Athletic World, you should have waited
for the stamps to be issued, then sue for the big bucks.

Depends upon one's perspective. For me, it's not about the money - it's about protecting my IP rights. Stopping Pos Malaysia from using my image illicitly is my top priority. And the internet chatter that embarrassed them resulted into that.

Based on your stated goal, it seems as though you timing is perfect. At this point, they seem quite ameanable to cease and desist at this point so my guess is that you have inflicted the maximum financial damage/embarrassment w/o having to invest in a protracted and potentially costly leagl battle.

I don't believe the "only a draft" contention, not even for a minute. With the timing set forth in the poster, they have likely gone to press  with 1000's of stamp copies or at least were very close to (having invested much time in production) going to press. Same goes for the posters. My (educated) guess is that stamp printing is not cheap, plus they likely have printed packaging order forms and other types of collateral.

You'll have to start another thread to let us know how this all pans out. Good Luck.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
hdr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow