>>> Street Photography eXchange #72 <<<

Started Nov 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
fad
fad Forum Pro • Posts: 15,556
Re: The root of all evil

xtoph wrote:

The geometry of all the legs, especially the way the ones i the bg echo the shape of the metal A-frame, is interesting.

The more closely i look at the picture, though, the more confusing it seems.

Thanks for pointing out the legs.  I hadn't noted that.

It is a confusing scene, and it was very hard to get the shot.   The anchor was the translucent cup in the darkness.   The lens distortion is very obvious, but when I clicked on the button to correct it, the scene went flat, so I left it.

The density of people in Manhattan is an interesting challenge.   Thanks for making me think about it.   My first way of dealing with it was using telephoto lenses.   Another way is to seek ideal spacing, such as you like.  Or one can shoot very close and try to blur the background.  Or one can isolate people against an appropriate background.

But, you know, Chris, these artistic abstractions fail to give the sense of what it is like to be on these blessed streets teeming with individuals.

Just as darkness is a curse for SP, but can be a blessing, or lens flare also.  Maybe I can start trying to find the blessing in confusing geometries.   Time to make some bad pictures to try to learn how!

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)
Always view all photos in Gallery or Original Size

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D750 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow