>>> Street Photography eXchange #72 <<<

Started Nov 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
mike kobal
mike kobal Senior Member • Posts: 1,605
Re: >>> Street Photography eXchange #72 <<<NYC streets

fad wrote:

Hi Mike. I shoot downtown. It's fun to see familiar places through your eye.

mike kobal wrote:

Terrific capture. What is he holding in his right hand? It really is hard to impress NY ladies.

Thanks Frank! I don't remember, the ladies were def impressed and I think a little scared

An very good rolling metal gate shot. I'm usually not a big fan of featuring wrinkled skin for its own sake, but here it goes very well with the texture of the gates. I find the amount of vignetting a little distracting, it draws attention to itself and cuts off the lines of the gates unnaturally.

yeah, I agree, over did in on the post vignetting

Giving the Frenchies with their shots of kids with baguettes a run for their money. Go, home team!

I wish the kid had two bottles of wine instead

This guy should be so easy to get a good shot off of, but I keep failing. A black guy who wears dark clothing. Dull canyon light. very crowded, busy fast-moving street. You made a clever decision to simplify the scene, but I don't think you nail it. It still has that dark, busy complicated feeling that stumps me, and while the face and the tourist are good, the bubble mechanism is just confusing to look at.

agree, not perfect, the best one I could find in the series

Hard to go wrong with cute dogs. Two nice mains of hair.

couldn't help it, that dog -narcissistic personality disorder would barely describe it - he was king that day

Shame about the white coat in the background, but the expressions are exceptional and more than make up for it, and the Astor Place background works well.

absolutely agree, that coat, screws it up...

thanks for your feedback Frank, really liking your sidewalkshadows.com/blog

cheers

-- hide signature --

mike kobal
photography (hand's on gear reviews on my blog)
www.mikekobal.com/blog

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)
Always view all photos in Gallery or Original Size

-- hide signature --

mike kobal
photography (hand's on gear reviews on my blog)
www.mikekobal.com/blog

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow