D7000 is horrible at soccer pictures

Started Nov 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 23,412
Take lens

photoisfun wrote:

Hex screw adjustment can work with the D5100...user assumes risk. D7000 (OP'S camera) is slightly different and can be riskier to attempt and much of the range is already covered in the Fine tune function so no need for the mechanical adjustment.

I agee. I don't want to risk it. Last thing I need is to void the warranty. Nikon HQ is not far from my house (about 30 minute drive). I'll just take it over and have them take a look at it when I have some time. One thing is for certain, the D7000 in AF-C mode taking a non moving stationary object doest not focus correctly 75%-80% of the time compared to my D300, D700 and D90 (these 3 focus tack sharp images almost 100% of the time at AF-C mode and stationarly objects). I have a feeling I have a bad copy.

Be sure and take the lens also...you may not think it an issue but it can be. Have seen it before even when the lens or lenses works just fine on a different Nikon model (usually 3rd party though).

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow