KL Matt Veteran Member • Posts: 5,885
Re: They got it

moving_comfort wrote:

KL Matt wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

KL Matt wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

KL Matt wrote:

Other than a better lens selection, broader dynamic range, greater color depth, higher resolution, and greater control over depth of field, there is absolutely no reason to purchase a full frame camera in this day and age. I have no idea what all the fuss is about.

^I am KL MATT and I DO NOT approve of this message!!!!

^The winking smiley means I'M NOT SERIOUS ABOUT THE ABOVE! And, it's what Thom Hogan said, NOT ME!!! AAAARRRTTGADGGDSADFfdjsalkjzx.,

Matt

-- hide signature --

... interested in .... photographs? Heh? Know what a mean? Photographs? (He asked him knowingly). Nudge nudge, snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, say no more, say no more, know what a' mean? Know what a' mean?
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=183820&subSubSection=0&language=EN

What is interesting is when we start asking different questions, like, why stop at FF? If bigger means better, why not go for MF? That question kind of takes the wind out of the whole argument, bc it shows the question isn't about "better" it's about standards vs price. Everybody has a "good enough" level of expectation, and for some, apsc is good enough. For others, MF is the smallest they will accept.

Pentax is busy making cameras for people who think apsc is good enough for their needs, and at the right price. And I refute your better lens selection point,

OMG OMG OMG I'm gonna freak out right here on the Internet!

WHOSE better lens selection "point"? You can't POSSIBLY be referring to me, KL Matt, could you? Because it is NOT MY POINT! IT'S THOM HOGAN'S STUPID AND MOSTLY WRONG POINT!

Sorry to yell but a significant portion of this forum appears to be irony-deaf. I thought it might aid comprehension.

Matt

If you were looking to dump on FF you did a pretty poor job of doing so. Aside from color depth and DR I am pretty sure everything you listed IS a legitimate advantage of FF.

*&(*#% &)*()@)*( &&@++_)!@+_!

CAN YOU PEOPLE EVEN READ AT ALL????? AND IF NOT, HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO CLICK ON THE REPLY BUTTON AND TYPE SOMETHING????? DO YOU HAVE SOMEONE HELPING YOU DO THIS???

*(#*&#&$*

Matt, I think the problem is janneman and Ontario understood what you originally meant

And that was?

with the sarcasm, and were making a counterpoint to that

a counterpoint to *what*?

- in other words, they were obliquely supporting Hogan's view.

They can do that all day long. Has nothing to do with anything I think or say on my own behalf. My parody of Hogan was just that, a parody. Nothing more, nothing less. NOT a sneaky way of expressing my own personal opinion, which I have not yet done here. IT WAS JUST A JOKE.

sportyaccordy sees that they understood your sarcasm, and then sees that you seem to be disavowing it now, which suggests that you really do not agree that those positive FF attributes after all - thus he addresses that.

OMG what the ???? Is there anyone out there on the entire internet who can follow what he just said?

OK, alright, for the record here is what I think: Hogan is actually spot on for a lot of the details of his diatribe. Full Frame *is* better, all other things (lenses) remaining equal, in most of the ways he mentioned perhaps minus available lens selection. What destroys his credibility and makes him look a silly tweaker is that he spends considerable effort building up arguments that contradict his conclusion. Strangest darnn thing I've ever seen. What it boils down to is Hogan is saying to the average hobby photog: "you're not worthy, you don't need full frame, you're not good enough at photography for it to make one spit of difference, you peons you, *and* you can't afford it anyway, so get over yourselves and stop your disgusting drooling. FF is reserved for *real* photographers such as the likes of MYSELF." In the face of such arrogance, who can even concentrate on the arguments at hand????

Matt

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow