FF Commentary by Thom

Started Nov 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Ontario Gone Veteran Member • Posts: 4,183
Re: My Summary

KL Matt wrote:

Other than a better lens selection, broader dynamic range, greater color depth, higher resolution, and greater control over depth of field, there is absolutely no reason to purchase a full frame camera in this day and age. I have no idea what all the fuss is about.

Matt

What is interesting is when we start asking different questions, like, why stop at FF? If bigger means better, why not go for MF? That question kind of takes the wind out of the whole argument, bc it shows the question isn't about "better" it's about standards vs price. Everybody has a "good enough" level of expectation, and for some, apsc is good enough. For others, MF is the smallest they will accept.

Pentax is busy making cameras for people who think apsc is good enough for their needs, and at the right price. And I refute your better lens selection point, bc crops sensors can use crop and FF lenses, whereas FF cameras can only use FF lenses, sans crop mode. If pentax drops a FF on us, I will be salivating I'm sure, but to poke eachother about what's best is silly, as FF is not the best.

Here is something to remember: If you were printing a 2"by 3" photo, could you tell the difference between FF and crop sensor? Not likely.

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow