Oly XZ-2 vs Panny LX7 at elevated ISO?

Started Oct 30, 2013 | Questions thread
Marla
Marla Veteran Member • Posts: 8,994
Thanks! Well Stated.....

Everhandy wrote:

In my opinion, you should base your purchase decision on these factors:

1. Functionality. Does the camera do what you want it to do. Does it meet your needs, image quality aside? (Zoom range, AF performance, lens speed, etc)

2. Look. Does the camera make you happy when you look at it. (the look of quality)

3. Feel. Are you comfortable using it. Does it "feel" good? (metal body, good grip, etc)

4. Features. Is the camera versatile enough to meet your needs as your needs change or expand?

And, last and by far, the least:

5. Image quality. Most cameras today, regardless of type and cost, produce images significantly better than even the best cameras produced 10 years ago and quantum leaps ahead of what most shutterbugs really need, in spite of what they may think. This is especially true today if you use Lightroom, Photoshop or any good post processing software.

I can show you images taken with a Canon ELPH 100HS or S110 that with a little noise correction in Lightroom 5 look like they were shot from a Canon DSLR at normal viewing magnifications and moderate enlargements.

Here's what I always suggest and I'm sure many would agree. Buy the camera you most like that you can afford. Try it out for two weeks. If you don't like the pictures, send it back. This has worked great for me.

Applying the above criteria for a purchase, I have concluded that the Olympus Stylus 1 is the number 1 choice on my short list for the next buy.

This is an excellent breakdown of what to look for in a camera.  Great clarification of what to consider for just about anyone buying a camera.

-- hide signature --

Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow