Video 5 up

Started Nov 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
perhort
perhort Regular Member • Posts: 133
Hybrid VF important Re: But is it a D700 replacement?

sandy b wrote:

It is to me, but I think many will say no. IQ will be clearly better than the D700, but many may want more in the era of 24 and 36 mp camaeras. I think build wise, yes, 6 FPS, but will it have a grip that speeds it up? The D610 AF is going to turn many off, if thats true. Doesnt bother me, I think my D600 focuses fine, but I understand why others don't. 1/4000 AF is a non issue with the base ISO difference between them. Smaller than a D700, some may not like that.

I think it will be priced similar to a D700 at introduction, and I think it will sell well.

And this is all based of course on rumor, 2 days from now real specs.

I really think that this camera needs a hybrid viewfinder. If it doesn't, it might look like a crippled D700 successor to some, a not-retro-enough to others. However, if it does, it could be amazing, a game changer. Perhaps the greatest street camera ever: combining a retro look (functional for street photography) with the latest tech, and also shoring up the F-mount legacy, giving soul to the brand.

perhort's gear list:perhort's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow