"DF" or DX

Started Nov 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
bravozulu Contributing Member • Posts: 897
Likely Specs of a D400?

Oh do I wish there was evidence of a D400. I am on the edge about upgrading to a D7100 from a D7000. The latter serves me well, but has some ergonomic disadvantages. Due to age, I can't see the LCD well in sunlight. Icons are too small there, and on the Control Panel and Viewfinder.

So I typically crank in some settings and let the automation of the camera take control. But I wan't a much better camera, not just a variation on a theme, as is the D7100. I am attracted to the 51-point AF.

A preference for lighter weight gear, and my investment in 4 DX lenses makes we want to continue with the crop sensor body.

I've never seen nor touched a D300. So, pull out your crystal balls and speculate on my behalf. What do you think Nikon would throw out there to attract serious and pro DX shooters? What features, what specifications?

bravozulu's gear list:bravozulu's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GPW
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GPW
GPW
GPW
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow