My photo was stolen and used in a Malaysian stamp?

Started Oct 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,909
Re: could be twins!

bobn2 wrote:

How might you convince the skeptical blogger that these two shots are identical ?

I would get them both in Photoshop or the Gimp as separate layers, adjust to get the size exactly the same, put them into greyscale and take the difference between the two. It might take a little fiddling, but in the end it would show that every leaf, every branch was in the same place.

Thanks, looks like I'm going to have to get some software as this is not the first time I've had an image taken from flickr.

The last occasion (actually a more recent "theft" ) the individual uploaded to some sites attributing it to himself. That was bad enough, but he added a false map location, (from Ireland to India) which several Indian tourist and fishing related websites picked up on and were unknowingly promoting as a photo from the area they wished to promote ... without wondering how there might suddenly be such a green oasis in an otherwise barren, grubbily dry destination.

I had one significant advantage to proving it was mine... a glaring and absolutely unique post processing error.

I went through the entire infringement copy-write complaint procedure. He removed it from his panoramio (or is it panoramia?) page once I placed a comment there. I think it was Google that removed it from his piccassa account. His Facebook account appeared to be in a state of limbo for quite some time (but the individual page remains) It is no longer been used by other websites to falsely promote a location.

The current blogger http://blog.seniorennet.be/amorfati/archief.php?ID=1296311 is a beacon of honesty by comparison. I just thought it would be nice if he were to acknowledge the source of an image he's using; I didn't expect his reaction. Looks like I need to go farther.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
hdr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow