Upgrading from a Lumix TZ10 Zoom Compact.
So I have been undertaking a heap of research over the past few weeks in order to upgrade from my TZ10. So I bought this camera probably influenced by the marketing of megapixels, zoom and positive reviews from digitalcamerainfo.com. Whilst the camera did suit my needs in terms of capturing acceptable zoomed low-light shots at music gigs - it's not pulling its weight for my current needs/wants:
- Recording quality music YouTube videos in varying lighting conditions - mostly low. (I use a firewire interface to record vocals and guitar so microphone isn't an issue).
- Travel camera that is compact enough (and possibly weatherproof) to take from bars to the beach.
- Low-light shots of city-scenery and indoor events.
- Some decent DOF capability for beginner of artistic photography
So I've narrowed it down to six models within my budget.
I can get the Canon S110 for about AUD$215 and was thinking of accompanying it with a Sony NEX-6 or Canon 100D.
I do like what I've seen of the Pentax MX-1 and Sony RX100 (however purchasing these would most likely force an ILC out of my budget). The very compact Panasonic GM1 is also of interest.
So just any advice/experiences would be appreciated. I'm not in a massive rush so if there's news on upcoming models I will probably be more than happy to wait and see what comes.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%