My photo was stolen and used in a Malaysian stamp?

Started Oct 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Doug J Forum Pro • Posts: 10,583
Re: could be twins!

Banaan wrote:

I wrote to the blogger and asked him to either remove it, or give his visitors a chance to see the original on my flickr page.

Unlike in the case of the OP's bird photo, the blog is non-commercial and ordinarily such copy-write infringements don't bother me, so long as there is some sort of link-back to my flickr account.

He has refused and whilst not saying he took it himself, insists that the photo on his blog is not mine and "but because the photo looks similar, it does not mean that I took it from you account."

I'm supposed to believe that someone had been there holding the camera at precisely the same height, angle and position whilst the sun was also in the same line.

I have a lot of bird photos, posted in my PBase galleries under a CC license. I've contributed a lot of these to Wikipedia under their CC license. I ran into an issue when someone downloaded several of my photos from Wikipedia, claimed them as their own with their copyright and all rights reserved. Wikipedia raised the copyright ownership as an issue and I had to respond. I went through the DMCA process and had the offending photos removed from the infringing website.

When I have some free time, I sometimes do a photo search and find some of my travel & bird photos on various blogs & websites. I don't have an issue with personal blogs, but occasionally I'll chase a commercial website for a few $.

Too often some folks believe anything on the internet is free for use.

Best regards,
Doug

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
hdr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow