New version of Aperture announced!

Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,593
Re: New version of Aperture announced!

Mark Alan Thomas wrote:

Basalite wrote:

Mark Alan Thomas wrote:

By the way, when I say that iOS is “lame” I mean lame as in it’s deliberately crippled and simplified so as not to worry grandma.

I think iOS is quite good and overall the best mobile OS. It is certainly the smoothest, the least distracting, and by far the most efficient. I can handle complexity but complexity is not something I want in a mobile OS. Besides, just because software is designed to be easy enough for grandma to use doesn't mean it isn't capable. There are plenty of third part iOS apps that are quite complex if that's what you want. Besides, it's really nice to see so many seniors with iPads that had previously given up trying to use a computer. Apple is really the only computer maker that gives any real consideration to seniors and the handicapped.

I like simple. My gripe is that in making the complex simple, iOS has made the simple complex. Moving a document from my Mac to my iPad, even with DropBox, is a ridiculous, convoluted process. The new iWork handles this problem brilliantly by eliminating the concept of copying files altogether — every document is magically on every device simultaneously — but until the entire system works like this at every level seamlessly, iWork remains the exception to the rule.

In ten years iOS could be great. I might even be able to install a font.

Ten years?! I can't wait that long to enjoy something anymore.  

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow