Best Canon Powershot Series...my choice is the A600s

Started Oct 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PineyPhotographer Contributing Member • Posts: 688
Best Canon Powershot Series...my choice is the A600s

I know many speak highly of the G series and the S series, but I feel Canon's best powershots were the A610-A640 series of cameras. I feel this way because I like the way my A620 feels in my hand, and am always pleased with the outdoor photos I get. It may not have an angle as wide as 28mm but I've always felt that the 35mm lens was sharper than even the 28mm on the G's, and there's virtually no CA. The 5, 7, 8, and 10mp sensors on the 610,620,630 & 640 produce clean images at lower ISO's with minimal NR needed. The color is more vibrant than on the newer cameras. And best of all they take AA's, and can get up to 500 shots on a single charge with NiMH's, nothing any of the newer Powershots can achieve today. Yes we all know that the G15, G16, S100-S120 and even the elphs and SX cameras with the CMOS sensor do much better at high ISOs and in video, but there's just something about the images I get with my A620 on those bright sunny days that I dont get with the others. And I love that grip!

So, what are your favorite Canon Powershots and why?

Fall Foliage with my A620

Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot G16 Fujifilm FinePix A610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow