New version of Aperture announced!

Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
graybalanced Veteran Member • Posts: 5,715
Re: New version of Aperture announced!

Mark Alan Thomas wrote:

Yesterday, I was optimistic about Aperture’s future. I’m not now. The gutting of iWork is the first clear sign to me that Apple is determined to push iOS at the expense of the Mac, and I’ve lost my trust in them. Really bummed here.

iOS may not be the only entity to blame. What Apple did with iWorks was to make it work on OS X, iOS...and through a web browser via the iCloud site. This gives Apple the ability to provide the iWork suite to you no matter what computing platform you are on as long as you are on a browser compatible with iCloud. Like being able to run iWork on a Windows computer.

Apple may not have dumbed down iWork for iOS. They may have dumbed it down for an even lower common denominator, the web browser.

Johanfoto wrote:

Another problem if you use two screens: if you place a HUD on the second screen, Aperture doesn't remember its position. The next time you come back to Aperture, even if you just switch between two applications, the HUD is back on the main screen. Apple really f*cked up with this upgrade. Let's hope it is indeed a hasty job while they are working hard to get Aperture 4 ready..

This may not be an Aperture problem but an overall Mavericks bug/feature because I have seen it with other software. Does it still happen if you go into Mission Control sys prefs and toggle "Displays have separate Spaces" ?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow