My photo was stolen and used in a Malaysian stamp?

Started Oct 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
JamesMortimer Senior Member • Posts: 1,492
Re: My photo was stolen and used in a Malaysian stamp?

liquidstone wrote:

Thanks to a concerned stamp collector from the UK who emailed me the information. It seems somebody had stolen one of my photos of a Long-tailed Shrike (Lanius schach), then used it erroneously as a photo of a White-fronted Falconet in a stamp issued by Malaysia!

Here's a link to my photo as appearing in my website, and a version is embedded here:

Posted below is a poster of the Malaysian stamp as posted at Facebook as well as comparison crops from the poster and my photo.

Whoever did this has committed two grave wrongs:

1. Stealing my photo and using it without permission; and
2. Serious ignorance, as the White-fronted Falconet looks very different from a Long-tailed Shrike.

I’m sure the Malaysian Government wouldn’t knowingly sanction this despicable act (which should be very embarrassing to them), and I hope they will investigate who did this and rectify the error.

Romy Ocon
Wild Bird Photographer
Manila, Philippines, October 30, 2013

Having compared the two images in detail, and having masked and copied the bird from #1 into #2 with a twist and overlay...

... they ARE the same image.

Either sue their arsses OR forget it.

I hate to say this, but the western perception of Malaysia is that this is normal behaviour.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
hdr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow