3,000 USD body only and hybrid OVF/EVF

Started Oct 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
perhort
perhort Regular Member • Posts: 133
Re: So, a repackaged D610 then?

Mr Gadget wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

Why do so many want to change this into another typical Nikon DSLR? If you like what Nikon already offers in other cameras, go use them. Leave this camera alone for those who will appreciate it for not being a bloated menu monster.

My sentiments exactly! If you want a movie taking bloated menu monster (love that description) then you have with FX sensors the D4, D800, D800E, D600, D610 and a nicely used D700, D3/s not to mention the plethora of DX DSLRs that Nikon makes. Why not a body for those of us that yearn for a more simple life?

With my X100, I seldom ever dive through the menus. I can look down at the top of my X100 and see at glance how it is set up to take a STILL photograph. I also love it's OVF with shooting info overlay and the electronic focus aids. Give me an F3 set up like my x100 and I will be a happy camper.

-- hide signature --

Conrad
---------------------------------------------------
Show Low, Arizona

If this is a limited edition camera specially for manual focus aficionados, then so be it. I was under the impression that maybe Nikon wanted to create the ultimate street camera. The retro look is functional and useful for street photography. But one would also want the best AF-system available. Together with a hybrid viewfinder technology that would reinvent the F-mount and make all legacy lenses modern, this could be a truly great camera. Perhaps the film advance lever could be used to switch between a pure mode of bareboned simplicity, and a more normal digital mode? Perhaps this is just the beginning, we shall wait and see.

perhort's gear list:perhort's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow