"Nex" has become an iconic brand name...

Started Oct 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
EinsteinsGhost Forum Pro • Posts: 11,977
Re: "Nex" has become an iconic brand name...

davect01 wrote:

Those in the know love the NEX line and won't care what its called.

Those not in the know don't know what NEX stands for. However the recognize the Sony name.

Amen! The idea that "NEX" is a brand and separate from "Alpha" is proof of that. It is a series within Alpha brand, and the confusion makes a good case why Sony is better off using brand ("Alpha") recognition as opposed to something that is simply the name of a series.

To those of us who care more about what NEX-6 replacement would be capable of, the issue with name is trivial. I will admit I've hated Sony's use of strange suffixes for replacements in the NEX-line (although, I have equally hated strange numbering for the SLT-line), it is about time Sony corrected the course. I would rather have NEX-6 replaced by A6 than by NEX-6W replaced by NEX-L6 replaced by...

And with A6, they can go A6, A6 II, A6 III and so on.

Seems simply enough for the company to unite under one name. I personally would love to retain the NEX name for the smaller line, but whatever.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow