New version of Aperture announced!

Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Johanfoto Veteran Member • Posts: 3,630
Re: Ooops Again!

Fog Maker wrote:

Johanfoto wrote:

I don't see anything there that could explain this behavior, and Photoshop has no problems remembering the position of its panels on the second screen. It's an Aperture bug.

-- hide signature --

This is really a longshot (especially since both products are made by Apple in the case above) , but my DAW (non-Apple product) was totally messed up using dual screens until I unchecked ''display have separate spaces''. Its not likely, but it may be a bug in Mavericks effecting only certain products.

It's something specific for Aperture's HUDs, so I think it's very unlikely that Mavaricks is to blame. If you place the Aperture Activity window on the second screen, Aperture does remember the position when you bring another application to the foreground and then go back to Aperture. The difference is that HUDs disappear when the application goes to the background, while windows do not. Photoshops panels are also HUDs however (they also disappear when Photoshop is in the background), but Photoshop does remember their position.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow