New version of Aperture announced!

Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,593
Re: Ooops Again!

Cheezr wrote:

Johanfoto wrote:

Another problem if you use two screens: if you place a HUD on the second screen, Aperture doesn't remember its position. The next time you come back to Aperture, even if you just switch between two applications, the HUD is back on the main screen. Apple really f*cked up with this upgrade. Let's hope it is indeed a hasty job while they are working hard to get Aperture 4 ready...

-- hide signature --

I had this problem and also later the hud disappeared completely and i had to restart Aperture to get it back. I am seriously considering switching to Lightroom but inertia will cause continuing delay ;-).

After all, Lightroom is probably at least 5% of adobe sales whereas Aperture is what maybe .0000001% of apple sales, guess which product gets more executive attention?

-- hide signature --

Life is uncertain, eat dessert first.

I started with Aperture but I wasn't happy with the way certain things worked, like the highlight and shadow tools, so I thought I I'd give Lightroom a try and it didn't take long to realize which one had overall the best image editing capabilities and the much more efficient and quicker to use UI. In fact I think Lightroom is *overall* the best photo editor ever made.

I'd like to see Aperture have a dramatic upgrade for Lightroom to continue to have plenty of viable competition, at the very least. After all, Lightroom is as good as it is and priced as it is mainly due to Aperture. I'm not so sure Lightroom would even exist today if Aperture didn't come first and establish the market for such software. The sad thing is Apple have given away something they created, and that's a shame.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow