New version of Aperture announced!

Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alpha Doug Veteran Member • Posts: 9,222
Re: New version of Aperture announced!

I also found the white balance bug, plus the new version of Aperture just crashed on me, something that I had not experienced in 3.4.5.  But I have to respectfully disagree on Pages.  Disclaimer here:  I am not a professional writer, nor do I write huge tomes or technical papers or manuals.  But for the standard sort of everyday word processing I do, I really like the new version of Pages.  It simplifies a lot of the interface and kind of gets out of the way for me to do the page creation, but it offers lots of stylistic tools an such if I want them.

But still disappointed about Aperture.  I really hope that they are just holding off on a major update at the time that the Mac Pro starts to ship.  Or that they just couldn't get everything done by the announcement date.  I still think there is a new version coming along with an iPad companion app.  But who knows when?  Sometimes the Apple silence policy is just too aggravating.

I have a suggestion.  For all of us who really care about whether or not we get a real, complete update of Aperture with many new features, I suggest that everyone of us get on the "Feedback" button in Aperture, and register our disappointment and our desire for some news and or the update we have been patiently waiting for.  If we get enough "push" from our end, maybe they will finally respond, or move it up the priority list.  What do you think?

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}
www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow