RX10 lens quality?

Started Oct 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rehabdoc Contributing Member • Posts: 919
Re: RX10 lens quality?

The devil’s in the detail (that the lens can resolve)

RX10 is a very compelling proposition. Having used an RX100 for over a year now I know I don’t really need FF or even APS-C, since the 1” sensor is almost as good for all practical purposes barring printing poster size. 24-200mm/F2.8 is pretty much all I will ever need given the possibility to crop and pan.

On the other hand, it no longer has the size advantage that RX100 has over comparable competition. GX7 + 14-140mm/F4-5.8 is about same size and weight as well as price.

http://camerasize.com/compact/#489,472.34,33.334,ha,t

So the devil is in the detail that the lens is capable of resolving.

I’m waiting anxiously to see the verdict.

GX7 plus 14-140 is similar in size and lenses are similarly versatile I guess, though if I'm going with a single lens, just personally I'd rather have 24-200 than 28-280, only because I really love the wider fov more than the 20% extra reach. Esp. when it lets me get 3 cm away in focus. I think the GX7 combo costs much more, though not an order of magnitude more. I suspect the GX7 will drop faster though because it's competing in a very competitive area and it's hard to stand out, even though I love the design.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SDF
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow