I suck...

Started Oct 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,216
Re: Well I really enjoy your photography... (n/t)

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

Joe, I enjoy my photography as well... the point is that I am not at the level I wish to be. I guess the thrust of my post is that there is much to be learned both in using the gear and the post-processing.. both of which I enjoy.

While I will never be the best photographer on the planet I can surely strive to be better and one of the ways I do that is to view the work of those who are so much better.. just to keep the level of my work in proper perspective and a way of raising the bar on a personal level.

You're really talking about life in general - either you're trying to get better, or you're going downhill. There doesn't seem to be a steady-state where you can just free-wheel along - in photography or anything.

But I agree that looking at other people's photographs is a wonderful way to learn and gain inspiration.  I always enjoy the local exhibitions put on to show the work of young photographers in college or even high school.  Sometimes it may be a bit rough around the edges, but it is always bursting with ideas and energy!

Joe

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow