Field monitor for stills work
I'm considering a field monitor to help me with some of the low/high angle shots (my back ain't what it used to be). My wants and needs:
- Something compact and robust that will easily fit in my camera bag (currently a LowePro Slingshot 302AW). I think nothing bigger than a 5" screen should suffice.
- Must be usable for stills work on a Nikon D800e, have a hot-shoe bracket, adapter and rechargeable battery power.
- Good quality/resolution screen easily visible in a variety of lighting conditions.
- Focus peaking would be nice (but not essential)
- Preferably has a detachable sun shade
Being unfamiliar with these products, will a field monitor effectively do everything the camera's LCD monitor does i.e. zoom in, image review, histogram, etc?
Any help/guidance/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Preferably something that's available in the UK.
Thanks in advance!
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Orange-tip Butterfly by anisah|
from Nature's Colour Palette
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power