Field monitor for stills work
I'm considering a field monitor to help me with some of the low/high angle shots (my back ain't what it used to be). My wants and needs:
- Something compact and robust that will easily fit in my camera bag (currently a LowePro Slingshot 302AW). I think nothing bigger than a 5" screen should suffice.
- Must be usable for stills work on a Nikon D800e, have a hot-shoe bracket, adapter and rechargeable battery power.
- Good quality/resolution screen easily visible in a variety of lighting conditions.
- Focus peaking would be nice (but not essential)
- Preferably has a detachable sun shade
Being unfamiliar with these products, will a field monitor effectively do everything the camera's LCD monitor does i.e. zoom in, image review, histogram, etc?
Any help/guidance/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Preferably something that's available in the UK.
Thanks in advance!
|IMG_8168ABCD by citori525|
|McKinley meadow by TimR32225|
from Natural meadows
|_DSC2146 by jerste|
from Helios-44 II
|Leopoldsteinersee by RaCor|
from Landscape - Colour #3