Purchasing a NEX 5R/T or 6 a bad idea now?

Started Oct 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mel Snyder
Mel Snyder Veteran Member • Posts: 4,088
Re: Purchasing a NEX 5R/T or 6 a bad idea now?

captura wrote:

Mel, for me the biggest advantage that the 6 would have over my 5R is the active Quick-Navi screen. The 5R has it too but it's not activated! That's an example of Sony-Think!

I'll have to take your word for that - when I moved from a twin-lens reflex to an SLR, I never wanted to look at a ground glass - or an LCD acting like a ground glass - again. And so, I admit I have never used anything but an iPhone that didn't have an eye-level finder.

Someone here on the forum made the observation months back that the NEX cameras without EVFs were always displayed with the point and shoot cameras at Best Buy and Walmart. That was a profound observation that the Sony market research people clearly made, too. That, I believe, explains the A3000 and the A7 series. Point and shoots are dying, and Sony is determined not to be slotted to the camera cemetery.

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow